This is the million-dollar question that I ask myself every week along with about a thousand other questions. But after reading numerous articles and attending many webinars, as a future published author, here is my takeaway:
- Blogging will help build an online author platform which will be extremely helpful when the time comes to launching my book.
- Starting a blog is a great way to get the creative juices flowing.
- Blogging can lead to the creation of a book. If done correctly and your blogs contain one consistent topic you can effectively tie them all together into one or a series of books.
- As you build your platform, you have the potential of becoming recognized by publishers and possibly landing a book deal.
- Blogging helps establish writing discipline, which helps you improve and polish your writing skills. Personally, I blog once a week, but write for a minimum of 30 minutes every day because it is important to form a habit of daily writing.
- Blogging allows for feedback from your readers, which is essential for growth. But, you must have an open mind and be willing to accept the feedback, especially when critical.
- As a Non-Fiction author, blogging can help build your credibility and confirm your expertise on the topic of your book, which will instill confidence in your readers and entice them to buy your book and hopefully recommend it to others.
- Blogging can help make many connections not only to readers, but with other authors and publishers.
Overall, I can’t find a reason why not to blog. It seems like a win-win situation.
Thanks for reading!!