As summer winds down and we head into another school year, I am reminded to take a moment and breathe. Why? Because the start of a new school year is a roller coaster of emotions, good and bad. As a parent, it’s our job to help them navigate through these emotions and provide whatever support is needed, without being too intrusive.
Here are some tips for students to help make the school year a success!
- Get organized – make sure you have all your supplies and get a planner.
- Create a peaceful homework space.
- Have a postive attitude as you begin the school year.
- Set goals for the academic year.
- Don’t procrastinate – get those assignments done!
- Be prepared for anything. Flexibility is key!
- Get involved!! Try something new.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help.
I hope this helps and I wish you all a wonderful school year!!